It is with pride that the group has chosen to develop its action sponsoring young talent from the Béziers region.
The latest beneficiary of this support is Jim PLA, a racing driver hired for the PORSCHE CUP MATMUT CARRERE 2013 season. At only 20 years of age he will be driving the 911 of NOURRY COMPETITION.
At IC Sport, managed by Christian Bouas, Jim takes over from Patrick PILET and Kevin ESTRE who stood out for their talent in this field, whereby the first has become the official driver of the Porsche brand and the second an International Endurance and Super Cup driver.
The latter (Kevin ESTRE) has agreed to sponsor Jim for his debut in this competition which he also won in 2011.
The group wishes Jim PLA all the best for this new adventure.
Jim PLA trophies:
Born in Béziers on October 6th, 1992 , French nationality Go-Karting:
• Early in 2002 at the age of 9, sixth place in the French Minimes championship
• 2003: Minimes French champion
• 2004: Upgraded to Cadet class, French champion
• 2005: Upgraded to Junior, 1 win in the French championship
• Winner of the Regional Committee of Motorsport Martinique Midi-Pyrénées and the FFSA selections, he was awarded a Formula Campus season in the Auto Sport Academy.
• 2007: 6th in the Formula Campus French championship, 1 win, 3 x 2nd, 3 pole positions. Youngest winner in the history of Formula Campus and the Pau racetrack.
• 2008: 8th in the Formula BMW Europe, Formula BMW World Final
• 2009: 5th in the Formula BMW Europe, 4 wins + 2 podiums, 2 pole positions. Second in the Formula BMW Pacific in Macau.
• 2010: 10th in the Formula 3 Euro Series, 1 win